Thursday, September 28, 2006

......issue

Just had too many conversations lately about this subject, so decided to post about it here...so the subject- MARRIAGE!!!

being around a lot of youth (with my youth group and also at UNI) I hear quite many different opinions about this...

People are searching for LOVE (outworn phrase)...they don`t know where it could be found...girls are giving themselves cheaply to any stranger who says magical phrase: "I LOVE YOU". Guys just having sex with as many girls as they can...

One more thing what shokes me- disrespectfulness towards parents... how can someone dream about own family, not being able to cope with present one... what does it take? just little bit more of respect... my parents are not perfect, not at all, have seen ups and downs (in fact, now they are getting divorced after being married for 25 years), anyway, that`s different story. But what is point for this- I learnt so many things from them, they thought me many things (doing right, and doing bad and totally wrong things or having bad habits)... I don`t say it`s easy to love being hurt (to LOVE is a decision, not just feeling)... I just don`t think it`s the right thing to criticize our parents for doing wrong (we are human, that`s why we do mistakes)... it`s easy to judge parents saying, I would have done that instead of that... but how easy is to have real children and to deal with them, imbueing right moral standarts and values? Leo Aikman said: "You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him"- and I pretty much agree with it.

there is this good quote what I use a lot- right thing in wrong time is wrong thing, but right thing in right time is PERFECT thing! Who wants to settle for something less than perfect... Imagen..if someone says- i`ll give You PERFECT thing in a while, but there is something not as good, but You can take it now... what would You choose?
I am up for the PERFECT ( PUREfect ) one...the same is with God`s given gift called MARRIAGE...

When question is asked- "What would You like to have in your spouse?" Majority answers with hair colour, height, eye colour or occupation etc... hearing this- I want to ask-"Do you think about being together in future?"
because years will come to pass.... blonde hairs will go grey, nice smile will pale (might end up having no teeth), occupation might be changed to unemployment...and what to do if parts of the body is lost ( cancer, amputation etc...) Would this person still be as attractive as it were before?

Many girls are scaling down their standarts...in order to get a guy ( it goes quite often for the case when christian girls/boys date with unbeliever)...I think that Bible clearly states that :"There is nothing common for the light with darkness"...and still girls/boys fall in this trap.

While writing about this, I keep in mind that I am nobody here to judge, saying this was wrong, how could You do that?... I am not doing that, because I know that there is no guarantee for my life- except in GOD... I might fall in any of these traps at any time...it`s just His grace what keeps me every day, without God that would be impossible!

Probably I am saying all of these things just because I don`t see BIG WHOLE picture of MARRIAGE...
So I am not running for anything...

I just like sharing about this with young people...
  • want them to see that they are more than complete without having boyfriend/girlfriend
  • want them to see fulfillment and Love in Christ
  • want them to wait for the PUREfect time....
  • want them to find identity in Christ and live purposeful life...when they would be the light( by having high moral standarts) of the World to shine in this dark generation...

There is TRUE LOVE WAITS.... and here is latvian link Ista Milestiba Gaida ...I am totally for them!!! God desires our lifes to be pure...

Sorry for taking so long, I wrote so much because it`s crucial nowadays, and I am keen about seeing HAPPILY MARRIED COUPLES living fruitful life In Christ, and witnessing neighbouring with their marriages...

hmmm, will stop for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home